Clinton, Connecticut, Police Department

The Clinton, Connecticut, Police Department patch prominently displays the town’s official seal, which includes an eagle, an anchor, two flintlock rifles, and a military drum. In the center of the seal, two small images highlight the industries that first supported the town’s early population: a plow, symbolizing agriculture, and a fish, illustrating the fishing community. The year 1939 indicates the date when the Connecticut General Assembly passed legislation to establish the town’s police department.
Clinton, Connecticut, Police Department
Click to view full-size image… Size: 48KB