The FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin seeks articles that will assist professionals in their daily operations and investigations. For over 85 years, the Bulletin has served as a valuable forum for police professionals, academics, and other authorities to publish articles about new ideas, existing programs, crime problems, and recent developments pertaining to all areas of law enforcement and criminal justice.
The Bulletin is a resource for training and an avenue for information sharing—the key to building strong, successful departments and partnerships. Publication offers authors many benefits, including access to a worldwide audience, increased credibility, enhanced professional image, and improved chances for promotion.
If you would like to publish in the Bulletin, please refer to our author guidelines. Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Examples of LEB Articles
- Features generally examine a broad area or specific issue pertinent to law enforcement and criminal justice professionals.
- Perspectives offer first-person narratives that present the author’s opinion of a law enforcement-related topic and often suggest ways to improve police work.
- Case Studies detail a particular problem, issue, or case and how a specific agency solved it.
- Notable Speeches are given by prominent experts at various conferences and gatherings throughout the criminal justice community.
- Community Outreach Spotlights describe unique and innovative ways in which law enforcement agencies engage with their communities to build or strengthen local partnerships.
- Forensic Spotlights cover current and noteworthy developments in the forensic sciences.
Types of LEB Departments
- Bulletin Notes highlight the courageous actions of law enforcement officers both on and off duty.
- Bulletin Honors feature national and international law enforcement memorials.
- Unusual Weapons notify readers of items that may pose a risk to law enforcement.
- Active shooter
- Administrative/personnel issues
- Community outreach
- Crime problems and solutions
- Cyber crime
- Environmental crime
- Investigative techniques
- Law enforcement equipment
- Leadership/management concerns
- Negotiation/interviewing skills
- Physical fitness/defensive tactics
- Police-community relations
- Special programs