The patch of the Colorado State University Police Department in Fort Collins features the school’s prominent stone-columned Administration Building as seen from the south end of the Oval, an expansive park one-quarter mile around. The Oval has been a center of activity on the campus since 1909 and is lined with 65 American elm trees, some of which are depicted on the police department patch. A number of other academic and administrative buildings line this green area, the oldest of which was built in 1881, 11 years after the university’s founding.
Colorado State University Police Department
July 1, 2012