The Clinton, Connecticut, Police Department patch prominently displays the town’s official seal, which includes an eagle, an anchor, two flintlock rifles, and a military drum. In the center of the seal, two small images highlight the industries that first supported the town’s early population: a plow, symbolizing agriculture, and a fish, illustrating the fishing community. The year 1939 indicates the date when the Connecticut General Assembly passed legislation to establish the town’s police department.
Clinton, Connecticut, Police Department
May 1, 2011