The patch of the Fairfield, Maine, Police Department depicts three scenes in its center superimposed by an outline of the state. The top exhibits a plow in the “fair fields” of the town, which gave the area its name and prompted its settlement in 1774. On the right is a saw mill and water wheel powered by the Kennebec River, while the left shows a timber being cut by a circular blade, an invention that originated in this famous lumber town.
Fairfield, Maine, Police Department
March 5, 2013