The village of Ossining (meaning “stone on stone”), New York, was incorporated in 1813 as Sing Sing. Though the village changed its name in 1901 to avoid confusion with the famous local prison, its police department patch depicts on the upper left the facility’s historic walls. Also shown are the dual arches of a roadway and former aqueduct and a canoe moving down the Hudson River.
Ossining, New York, Police Department
December 1, 2011