German Township in Montgomery County, Ohio, is one of five townships statewide with the same name. The city of Germantown is its respective municipality and home to the German Township Police Department. The department’s service patch depicts the township logo, representing a friendly rural community at the bottom and showing spacious farmland and a local dam at the top. The area first was organized in 1803 by German-speaking settlers from Berks County, Pennsylvania—this founding year is shown at the center of the patch.
German Township (Montgomery County), Ohio, Police Department
July 8, 2014